Monday 22 March 2010

Monday Monday

Monday rolls round again. I was on baby duty, as is fair on school nights. So night feeds done when the baby woke up this morning, i glanced over at time, jabbed rob in the ribs and said "only 15 minutes till get up, you're in charge". I later came down at 7a.m, which I thought was 15 minutes later, to make the coffees and begin the day. It was only this evening that Rob told me it was in actual fact 5.45a.m, not 6.45a.m that the boy had got up, and he thought it was unlike me to be so harsh!! Whoops, sorry Rob.



Anyhow the day was lovely, Lola went off to school this morning and Jonas and I hit the shops. Sounds exciting but mostly consisted of baby stuff alongside toddler stuff. Jobs done went for a quick coffee at the garden centre. No sooner had I entered the building when Jonas was whisked off and the usual "ahs" echoed around the cafe. He is a total flirt and has learned how to wave and high five people - a real crowd pleaser!



12 o'clock rolls around quickly and time to pick up the girl, who was very pleased with a sparkly sleeping beauty nightie and a grow your own runner bean set. Home for a quick crumpet then back off to the garden centre to paint a tile with Jonas' handprint. We did the same for Lola and I was keen that it be at the same age- 10 months, strictly speaking he is 11 months today, so only just within the limits. Auntie Jo, possibly Jonas' favourite person, was unable to help due to work commitments, so I brought in the big guns - CHOCOLATE. He'll do just about anything for the stuff, so two tiles later, one for the shop to display and one for us; we headed to the playground and back to the delights of Mickleton.

One of my favourite sayings is " look at this pickle" normally at the state of the house. As my usual pickle saying accompanied by the rolling of eyes always makes Lola giggle, upon entering our toy strewned room I retorted ..." look at this pickle" Lola when giggle subsided say " we have lots of picklers living here and only one pickle sorting mummy, that's not fair is it Mummy? Me and daddy and Jonas and Blue are always making pickles for you and you still love us, aren't we lucky?" When I'd finished laughing at her grown up, serious face and stoppped cuddling her, I replied simply "I'm the lucy one".

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day:) We are going to build a bear at the weekend with Harry... in a hope that if the bear has big boy pants Harry will want to wear them too!!! we'll see eh?

    Love to all
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great idea. Let me know...

    Love to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely comment from Lola. Grandmere

    ReplyDelete