Thursday 18 March 2010

Oh Great Bags on my Bags!


I decided that I would go to bed with the children last night, so both cherubs snoring by 7.20, bottles washed, sterilized, made up and fridged. I headed straight to bed. Read for a while, snoring (probably) by 8pm.
All remained restful till 11 when Jonas has his bottle, then again at 1, then he wouldn't settle till gone 3. Then Lola, who often sleeps in our bed when Rob is away pootles in to 'keep mummy warm'. Several fidgets, coughs, a drink and a check underneath the bed for trolls later...a little more sleep. Cue Blue; barking at a fox, who was barking at him; cue baby barking at the world. Settle baby and return to bed to find 3 year old covering most available mattress and all potential snuggly duvet. I fall gratefully into bed and begin snoring (definitely) before my head reaches the pillow. Then 5.57 the baby squeals to inform of a rather smelly nappy; duly changed I give him a nice warm bottle whilst silently performing a 'please sleep, please go back to sleep' mantra....to no avail. Alas my beautiful giggly boy is wide awake and ready for the day, he beams up at my silently pleading face, whilst he performs the 'get me up mummy, get me up mummy mantra'. And so, here i am trying to be cross with son no 1 and my farce of a night...but he is in new red Thomas the Tank Pjs and is so squiddy I feel my resolve to tackle the ironing pile diminishing as I head to play trains...

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Nightmare. Drew may be a pain in the bum whinge whining through the day, but once he is in bed that's it until 7:00am!

    Still red Thomas pjs do sound adorable.
    Love to you all
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I don't understand is how you always look so bright and cheerful - I feel tired just reading the above! Grandmere

    ReplyDelete